The mission of Returning Hearts Celebration is to facilitate a day when inmate parents and their children can experience Christ's heart for reconciliation. You don't need to read psychology journals to know that the best chance some of these kids will have to escape the generational cycle of crime and incarceration is to have a loving, Christ-following parent (even from prison) speak into their lives. The message the kids receive at Returning Hearts is loud and clear: "Don't do what I did." "You don't want to come here." "This is not a good place; this is not a good life." "You have to stay in school and away from drugs." "I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I want to be a better parent."
We know that a fun day won't solve all a child's problems, but when that day involves forgiveness, reconciliation and a salvation message, it can. As a volunteer, you get to see a child run and jump into the arms of his or her parent! You get to be a part of facilitating Christ's ministry of reconciliation. You get to hear an inmate parent pray with their child. Once you experience it, you will be hooked!
May 2, 2020
Due to COVID-19, this event has been CANCELED
Be a part of the story.
1. Pay the tax-deductible MISSIONS FEE which helps cover the cost of the event for the children, parents, caregivers and volunteers.
Click the button below to redirect to the store for purchase.
Upon purchase you will receive a Zip File with the following documents.
2. Read the READ ME first document.
3. Read and fill out the VOLUNTEER RELEASE and REGISTRATION FORM.
4. Send VOLUNTEER RELEASE and REGISTRATION FORM to
5. Submit your GCIC form to Walker State Prison via email or fax.
6. Read the Volunteer Guide.
7. We'll see you there!